Southwest Polk Fire is dependent on its citizens to fill the ranks of volunteers at the Rickreall and Dallas stations. To volunteer, please contact us to get more information.
- Must be 16 to participate as a junior firefighter. Juniors must be enrolled in school with above a 2.0 or have a GED/high school diploma
- Must be 18 with a high school diploma or GED to participate as a firefighter
- Must successfully complete a comprehensive background investigation.
- Must have a valid Oregon driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a basic physical fitness test
- Must successfully complete the Volunteer Academy and a six (6) month probationary period.
- Successful completion of the six (6) month probationary period will include required skills completion, documented via the Volunteer Firefighter Taskbook.
- Must work or reside in the District boundaries